Thursday, July 4, 2013

HAPPY 4th OF JULY

In this family, the 4th means pink, ruffled swim suits, fresh fruit salads and sunny days at the lake.

That sounds really nice, doesn't it?  The 4th actually means, waking up at the crack of dawn to sweat our buns off at the a parade, monitoring Ellis at all times to make sure she isn't eating sand on the beach, and shoving 15 Buells in a three bedroom lake house.

Happy 4th y'all!
We had an impromptu dinner at Jodie and Luis' last Sunday after our flea market extravaganza and I whipped up this super yummy salad.  J and I were at Target the other day (I know...weird) and the peaches were perfectly ripe (yes, I am that person who touches all of the fruit before I buy it to make sure it is ripe). There was a sign next to the peaches that said "pair with feta," so I did. It was amazing AND so simple. I am making it again this 4th of July weekend!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment