Monday, November 4, 2013

PUMPKIN OATMEAL BREAKFAST COOKIES

Like I have mentioned so many times before, my sister in law, Ashley, is always making the most delicious food. She is always experimenting with yummy snacks and treats for the kids and I get to sample them from time to time when I pick up E after work. (Ashley runs the Buell family daycare and yes, we are so lucky to have her!)

She found a recipe for pumpkin oatmeal breakfast cookies, changed it, gave it to me, I changed it a little more and here it is. I love them! They are fast, easy, seasonally appropriate (we are all crazy for anything pumpkin in the fall), perfect for breakfast or a snack and not overly sweet.  



1 can pumpkin

2 tbsp olive oil

2 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour

3 cups rolled oats

2 tablespoons flax meal
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp cinnamon


1/4 tsp salt


Bake 350° for about 12 to 14 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! These look delicious! Two questions for you: how big a can of pumpkin are you talking about and how many cookies does this make? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally - Use a 15 ox can of pumpkin. I can't exactly remember how many the recipe made, but I am thinking it was around 24. :)

    ReplyDelete