Monday, May 27, 2013

THINKING...

You can't be good at everything. The other day I was thinking about all of the the things I enjoy doing (you know, my interests) and it turns out I have A LOT of them. Then it started to give me a slight bit on anxiety b/c I know I will never (at least any time in the near future) have time for them all. The problem is (and always has been) I want to be good at everything and I mean EVERYTHING. And I don't just want to be good at everything, I want to be great at it. I want to be a great mother, a caring and supportive wife, a go-getter, a creative designer, a money maker, a furniture reupholsterer, a photographer, a gardener, a chef, a baker, a runner, a fitness freak, a blogger, a crafter, a seamstress, a buyer of all things organic and healthy and the list goes on and on. And yes, this does actually give me anxiety. That might be weird, but that is me. And Pinterest - you do not help my cause. After a nice long pinning session, my mind is even more jam packed with all the crafts I want to create and all the healthy meals I want to make. That is when I decided I just needed to pick the things I want to be good at at this moment in my life and just focus in on them. Right now I am going to be the best mother and wife I can be, focus on my design career, feeding my family good, healthy food and for the next four months or so, I will try and find the inner gardener in me. Oh, and I will always be a fitness freak and a go-getter. ;) My days of repurposing old furniture, being a seamstress and photographer are still to come, just not quite yet.

Now that feels a little better.  Sometimes I just need declutter my head.

On that note... here is an awesome new healthy recipe I tried yesterday. Onward with the eating healthy! ;)

Greek Yogurt and Honey Dijon Chicken Salad


Ingredients:
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (cooked, cooled and cubed)
⅓ cup sliced almonds (or nut of your choice)
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 green onion, sliced
Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
⅓ cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon real mayo
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
Salt
Black pepper
¼ cup dried cherries (raisins or cranberries work well, too)

Directions: 
Mix the greek yogurt, mayo and mustard together first, then mix in everything else.  
Eat in a sandwich or with crackers.

(Original recipe from The Best Recipes Online.)

No comments:

Post a Comment