Monday, September 23, 2013

FREE PRINTABLE: BIRTHDAY CAKE PENNANT TOPPER

A few weeks ago my adorable nephew, Brixton, turned one! I made his birthday cake as a trade of services with his super talented mama for doing my hair! :)

Here is the backstory on why the cake is blue. Brixton loves his blue stuffed rhino named Rupert. Holly wanted the cake to be the same color as Rupert, so she bought the blue icing dye and gave it to me.  I had every intention of making a little rhino out of fondant to place on the top of the cake, but time just got away from me. Imagine that! When that happens, as it often does, I fall back on my graphic skills and make something out of paper! Here is what I came up with!







I made it into a free printable if any of you would like to use it!

Download the free printable HERE.
(print on 8.5x11" paper)


Here is what you will need:


And here is how you put it together:








And here is the birthday boy himself, with Rupert, of course! (Isn't he the cutest?!)

In case you are interested, here is the recipe I used. I got it from my co-worker who said it is pretty much amazing. Another co-worker made it and confirmed - YES, It is amazing!!! so I made it!

(I doubled the recipe and made it in two 12" round cake pans. I put a little bit of the frosting in between the layers to hold them together, then frosted the rest of it with the remaining frosting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment