Tuesday, January 14, 2014

LATEST DINNER WINS

Like I have said before, I try different recipes all the time. Usually they are good, sometimes they are terrible, and once in a while they are fantastic. I love to share the fantastic ones with all of you. Here are three of my latest wins. You can enjoy them separately or make all together for a super yummy meal!



CRUSTY HOMEMADE BREAD

My sister-in-law was baking this in the oven one afternoon when I came to pick up E from daycare. It looked so amazingly crusty and delicious that I knew I had to try it. I have never made homemade bread and figured it was probably a lot of work and time consuming. WRONG. It is quite possibly the easiest thing ever. I pop it in the toaster for a few seconds to warm in up and eat it with butter and jelly in the morning. YUM!

* NOTE: It is advertised as 'no-knead', but I threw it in my KitchenAid mixer with the hook attachment for about two minutes. Also, if you do not have a dutch oven, think about getting one. 





SIMPLE GREEK SALAD

Easy. Healthy. Yummy.

Salad ingredients: baby spinach, cherry tomates (sliced), cucumber (sliced), kalamata  olives, and crumbled feta cheese. Toss them together.

Dressing ingrediants: equal parts balsamic and olive oil and some cracked black pepper. Shake and pour over your salad.

*NOTE: Substitute black olives for the kalamata olives if you prefer.






SPICY PARMESAN SHRIMP SKILLET

I made this the other night for dinner and it was fantastic. What I was super thrilled about was how easy it was. I thawed, de-tailed (is that a word?) and marinated the shrimp the night before so when I got home from work all I had to do was dump the bag of shrimp (with marinade) into a skillet, saute it for about 4 min, add the cooked pasta, sprinkle on some parmesan cheese,and green onions, and we had dinner! It literally took 15 min to pull dinner together.

*NOTE: I added a few teaspoons of cornstarch to the skillet at the very end to thicken up the marinade/sauce. Just add enough until it reaches your desired consistency.

1 comment:

  1. Greek salad is my favorite to make at home. I try to always keep tomatoes, olives and feta cheese on hand! You inspired me to make bread again and OMG, why did I stop?! It is so good and simple to make.

    ReplyDelete