Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WHAT'S COOKIN, GOOD LOOKIN?!: PLAY KITCHEN REFINISH

Remember this sweet little find from this post over the summer? Well, here is the promised 'after' picture. I would like to claim this handy work as my own, but I cannot. It is the work of the talented Kriza of Oak + Olive Home.

I wish I had gotten a picture of it with the oven door closed. Krizia painted a chalkboard window on the front of the oven so Ellis can draw things with chalk that are in the oven. She also painted the right side of the oven with chalkboard paint so Ellis can write her grocery list! You know, like wooden sandwich meat and maybe a few plastic pears! YUM! ;) Now Ellis just needs to learn how to write! We will work on that one...

I put a small cafe tension rod under the sink and sewed a little curtain out of some vintage fabric that I had.




We gave the oven (along with all of the kitchen goods) to Ellis for her Christmas present. She loves it and plays with it constantly when we are home. Her favorite is the Melissa and Doug cookie set. She pours us tea, 'cheers' with her cup, and shares all of her wooden cookies with us! We taught her to say "nom nom nom" as she pretends to eat her cookies. I love it!





2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! My daughter is about the same age and I'm look at getting her a play kitchen for her birthday. I love the look of the wood play kitchens but they can be so expensive! Luckily I have a few months to keep an eye out for a fixer-upper like yours. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! You can either find an old one like I did or make one out of an old nightstand. There are a ton of tutorials on Pinterest! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete