Friday, October 11, 2013

SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI PROTEIN MUFFINS


A muffin recipe from me. Weird. ;)  Yes, if you couldn't tell, I make a lot of muffins. They are fast, freezable, my go-to breakfast and snack food, you can hide vegetables in them for picky eaters and Ellis loves them. Do you need any more reasons?! 

I have been trying to perfect a chocolate protein muffin for a while now and I think I finally did it! It uses protein powder and almond flour, so it packs in the protein making it a great breakfast option. It isn't overly sweet, but I like that. 






Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup chocolate protein power (or unsweetened cocoa)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk (I use 1%)
2 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup honey
4 Tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup grated zucchini, unpeeled
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375° and spay two cupcake pans 
Mix together all the dry ingredients (flour through salt) 
Mix together all the wet ingredients (milk through zucchini)
Combine dry and wet ingredients together and mix in the mini chocolate chips
Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.

* Makes 24 (sorry, I make everything in big batches so I can freeze half :)
* You can use any kind of chocolate protein powder. I have used both Plant Fusion protein powder and Arbonne chocolate protein shake mix and they both worked great.

3 comments:

  1. These look so good! My friend is an Arbonne consultant and while I have used many of their beauty products, I haven't tried any of the food/supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! It sounds positively amazing and such a good addition to our breakfast table. We will definitely be trying it this week!

    Riyanna
    Carpet Repair Overland Park

    ReplyDelete