Thursday, August 22, 2013

MAKING THINGS PRETTY: BACKGROUNDS

Backgrounds. I used them all the time in my blog posts to give them a little spice! I use them behind quotes, behind images, as parts on my headers and the list goes on. I could always create texture and pattern in photoshop or illustrator myself, but it is much faster to grab them from websites that offer some pretty awesome ones for free.  Blogging takes a lot of time, so I am a huge fan of anything that helps you get the look you want in half the time. :)

Here are a few websites where you can find some good free images:

iphonebackground.tumblr.com |  bgh.ogqcorp.com  |  flickr.com
(note: always check image rights before using)

Here are a few examples of ones I like and how I might use them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment