Here are my takeaways from the fair:
1. Go early - it gets really busy later in the day
2. Come hungry - really, really hungry
3. Scope out all the food before you make your purchases - you might be sad if you waste your appetite on the first thing you see (stupid, not that good, BBQ chicken sandwich)
4. Wear shoes you don't care about. You WILL step in cow poop - unless you are my husband and avoid getting dirty at all costs. (yes, I learned that lesson)
5. Get a cream puff. You cannot go to the WI State Fair and not get a cream puff. I think that is an official rule or something.
|State Fair bound. A good shot in between her fussing.|
|The famous Cream Puff. yum, yum, yum.|
|Is my dress stuck in my undies?! Good thing this isn't embarrassing until a little later in life.|
Logan and I had a House of Embers Groupon burning a hole in our pockets, so last night we decided to use it for a little date night. Our first stop was my parent's house to drop off E for a little Grandma and Grandpa time. It was super overcast (good for picture taking) so I asked my Mom to snap a few quick family pictures before we headed out.
We then headed to Wisconsin Dells for a kid-free night. We stopped at a guitar store, ate dinner at House of Embers, walked downtown to look at all the silly merchandise, got a DQ blizzard, and stocked up on candy at the Goody Goody Gum Drop. :) Even more than 'just the three of us' time, we needed some 'just the two of us' time.
|Family pic attempt|
|Ellis! Ellis! Ellis! Stop flapping your arms!|
|Mediterranean shrimp pasta bowl - ribs, shrimp, and potatoes|
|Salt water taffy - Logan loves it, i think it is disgusting|