Friday, August 23, 2013

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT... OR AT LEAST MAKES YOU BETTER

Last Sunday I was a mess. I was just all sorts of out of it. I think I was tired b/c I worked both Friday and Saturday, our house was a mess, we had no food and my anxiety was through the roof. (I know, I know... first world problems. poor me.)

I do have some anxiety issues. It doesn't effect me much these days, but on Sunday it was through the roof. I had almost chalked it up to be a complete disaster of a day until 6pm, when we decided to pack up Ellis, the stroller, my camera and dinner and head down to the Willy Street neighborhoods (downtown) to take a walk. I am in love with that area of Madison. It just makes me happy. I love all of the old houses on the lake and how all the people are actually outside enjoying what is left of summer. I love how the trees canopy over the streets and how it always smells of a BBQ. There was a yoga class going on at a park and it was one of those things that makes my heart smile. I long to be a hippie living on Jennifer Street. :) We walked, talked, I took some pictures with my camera, and we stopped at a park and ate dinner and played with Ellis. It was a pretty perfect ending to a super crappy day.

I love photography. I am not sure how a creative soul couldn't love it. Photography is really such art. I stalk about a million photography blogs and would love to get better at taking pictures myself.  I know the only way that is going to happen is if I practice. what a concept, right? Practice makes perfect... or at least makes you better. :) I have thought about doing the whole 365 project where you take a picture a day, but there is no way I would be able to take an interesting picture every day. I would have a whole ton of pictures of my one year old, with food all over her face, in crappy lighting, in my kitchen.

Anyways, I have vowed to practice taking pictures with my camera once a week and I will probably post them on here. So get ready for a bunch of amateur pictures of flowers and E. Here are a few from our Willy Street walk.








1 comment:

  1. You are already an awesome photographer! I love the pic of Ellis with the glasses! makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete